Preparing for your visit
Dr Cheriachan consults from Blacktown, Norwest and Rouse Hill.
Your first visit will be used to carefully assess your condition as well as gathering all related health information. It is important that you bring all relevant documents including scans and x-rays. We also ask that you wear clothing that allows freedom of movement as your visit will include a physical examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we answer some of the commonly asked questions. If you would like additional information, please get in touch with us.
- You will need a referral from your GP / Specialist or the Emergency Department that you attended.
- You will need to bring hard copies or electronic copies of any scans that have been taken. Please ensure any imagining is no greater than 3 months old.
- Medicare / Private Health information.
- Workcover / CTP claim details.
- Medical History and list of medications taken.
Dr Cheriachan will undertake a history of your condition, perform an examination as well as review your scans.
If required, he may refer you to have more scans / tests to identify the exact problem.
This will depend on whether it is your first-time seeing Dr Cheriachan and if your injury is associated with a WorkCover claim or a motor vehicle accident (CTP claim).
You can ring our office on 02 8711 0100 or email to discuss our fees.
We accept the following Payment Methods:
- Credit Card –Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Diners Club.
All surgical procedures have potential risks and complications. Dr Cheriachan’s primary focus is the safety of his patients and minimising the risk of the following:
- Blood clots
- Bone fracture
- Joint stiffness
- Post operative pain
We have clinics in 2 convenient locations:
Orthopaedic Associates, Lakeview Private Hospital, Suite 1, Level 1, 17-19 Solent Circuit, Norwest NSW 2153
*Paid parking available onsite.
Central West Orthopaedics, Suite 204, Level 2, 30 Campbell St, Blacktown NSW 2148.
*Parking available at 5 Colo Lane (3 hours free).
Please call our office as soon as possible to make necessary changes.
For patients with private health insurance, Dr Cheriachan’s known gap is $500. Your surgery fee includes post op visits for the two months.
There is also a gap for the Anaesthetist and Assistant Surgeon, Dr Cheriachan’s team can provide you with a more accurate estimate once the type of surgery required is determined.
You will also need to pay your health fund excess (if applicable) on the day of your surgery directly to the hospital.
This depends on the type of procedure. Some operations are day only, so you go home the same day. For some shoulder and elbow operations, you may need to stay one to two nights in hospital.
You have several resources you can refer to:
- Dr Cheriachan’s rooms – 02 8711 0100
- The Emergency Department of the hospital where you had your operation.
- Your local Emergency Department.
- Your General Practitioner (GP).
This depends on the type of surgery you have had.